M&A buyers are still looking in the midst of uncertainty. However, buyers will be mindful of added risks caused by COVID-19. These are some talent-related questions that may come up in future due diligence:
• Did layoffs or other cuts impact the business’s ability to retain key employees?
• Did the business comply with state and federal laws related to layoffs and furloughs?
• How is employee health and well-being managed?
• Are policies AND cultural practices sufficient to protect employee safety?
• Do employees have the ability to work remotely – without frustrating workarounds?
• How well does company culture support engagement and accountability in a remote environment?